- 7+ years at VC-backed startups (1 failed + 2 successful exits).
- 5+ years at product innovation & design partners to corporate ventures/innovation & VC/PE-backed startups (many exited successfully), including product due diligence for VCs.
- 2+ years as community builder in Copenhagen.
- 4+ years as advisor.
- MSc Engineering (Electronics/Materials) + Executive Educations (Negotiations, VC/PE/M&A).
In all my ventures / roles, I aim to move in the intersecting worlds of business, design, technology, following a few core principles:
- RELATIONSHIP BUILDING – Authenticity. Trust. Hustle.
- BUSINESS DESIGN – Design for viability, scalability & shareholder value.
- DESIGN THINKING – Complex problem solving. Human-centred Scandinavian design with a pinch of I-did-not-see-that-coming.
- LEAN STARTUP – Build. Measure. Learn.
Finally, something personal:
- Married to Aram Ostadian-Binai, with whom I co-founded an amazing boy. We’re increasingly active as philanthropists, donating time and funds to social causes.
- Lived in 7 countries (currently Copenhagen, Denmark). Traveled to 40.
- “Navid” means good news, “Ostadian” means son of professor, and“Binai” means good sight